5 March 2014
the Education Committee on Monday 24 February 2014, the Committee
approved proposals from the Director of Education to increase reserved
places in eleven schools in Dundee including Grove Academy, Barnhill,
Eastern and Forthill Primary Schools in The Ferry.
The table shows that the allocation of reserved places for Barnhill, Eastern and Forthill Primary Schools for school year 2014-15 will be five places at P1 and one place in each year group P2-7.
of reserved places for Grove Academy will be four places at S1 and two
Reserved places are defined as those which are reasonably required to accommodate pupils likely to become resident in the catchment area of the school in the school year to which the placing request relates.
This allocation of reserved places for Ferry schools will help to ensure that while parental choice is maintained wherever possible, that will not unduly restrict parents moving into the catchment area of a school from sending their child or children to their local primary or secondary school.
The following points should be noted concerning the deployment of reserved places:
- Reserved places are only created where space permits.
- Where sufficient Priority 1 pupils enrol to fill a class a reserved place cannot be created;
- No Priority 1 pupil will be refused a place while a reserved place exists and
- When all reserved places have been used for Priority 1 pupils moving into the catchment area no more places can be granted.
- If a pupil then leaves the school roll that place will again be reserved for Priority 1 pupils moving into the catchment area and will be allocated to such pupils as required.